Wednesday 31 October 2012

Goodbye Book Club!

Let me start off by saying, I feel like I've betrayed my blog for quite some time! I am still interested in blogging but have had internet issues for the last few months. I've been using my mobile for internet service while my desktops been down. However, it's such a hassle to blog using the dreaded autocorrect. =|

So I've decided to take the advice of a few different people and drop one of my book clubs. As previously mentioned, I am a part of 2: one at the library, and one with friends. I think I'm going to drop the library one. I absolutely adore the women in the book club, and really enjoy their company (and opinions.) However, it's just getting difficult to juggle two simultaneously.

For the last year or so, every time I was picking up a book, it just felt like it was a book club book. I found very little time to read the books that I wanted to read. I was especially unhappy about all of the unread books on my own bookshelf. I've purchased many books and received many books as gifts, and it isn't fair (to the books) that they are being abandoned.

I've also been thinking of going back to school, so I know my schedule will most likely start getting busy. I don't want to pick up a book feeling like it's a chore to finish it. I use books as an escape. It helps me relieve stress, because it takes me away from life for a short amount of time. I am carefree, and it almost feels like a mini (emotional) vacation.

It was a tough decision to make as I do love book club(s.) However, it was just getting overwhelming.

I still plan on being a part of the book club with my girlfriends because that just gives us a good excuse to get together and see each other a lot more frequently.

No comments:

Post a Comment