Friday 16 March 2012

Books For Sale

As stated before, there is only one thing I love more than buying books; buying books for a fraction of the price. Much to my amazement, my local library was having a clearance book sale on discarded books and books donated by patrons. I kept debating on whether I should go or not, wondering if I'll even be able to find anything good. I was advised by a friend that looking for a specific book would be like, and I quote, "looking for a needle in a haystack." In the end, I decided to go, knowing that I would regret it if I didn't.

Boy, am I glad I did. I was able to find many well known titles on the shelves. Mind you, a lot of the books were not in "perfect" condition, but a few of them did look almost brand new. My friend was right though, I did feel like I was looking for a needle in a haystack. However, the tables were categorized, which made the search a bit easier. I will admit, I was specifically looking for Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. I own the entire series, except for the last one, so I needed to complete my collection. Unfortunately, it was nowhere to be found. But I was able to find New Moon and Breaking Dawn looking almost brand new. I already own Twilight, now the only one I need is Eclipse to complete the series.

In addition, I also found some Margarat Atwood, Ursula LeGuin and Nicholas Sparks novels. Along with some books I've wanted to read for the longest time, and some hidden gems I have never heard of. Books were priced differently depending on their categories. Hardcovers were 50 cents, paperbacks were 25 cents, and some categories were 3 for a $1.00. All in all, I went home with 14 books for just $4.00! Now all I have to do is make some room on my bookshelf to put all these books!

No comments:

Post a Comment